Monday, March 3, 2014

Twitter!

I just noticed in an old post that I mentioned joining Twitter.  It's interesting how much that has changed.  We had the Arab Spring since then, which Twitter got a lot of credit for helping with keeping communication lines open. Twitter itself had a large IPO, and me personally, just a few months ago I actually had an offer made to buy my Twitter account.

There's an odd monetization of ownership of things that you sorta do and sorta don't own, things like Twitter accounts.  A big story in the land of technology that recently happened was how a highly valuble Twitter account, @N, was blackmailed from it's original owner, due to social engineering. That story ended happily, but it feels like people lost context of what to me, was the real problem, which is that the whole thing happened because of a social engineering hack done elsewhere.

No comments: