Friday, March 14, 2008

gardening

for many years no i have tried my thumb at gardening. mostly the results have been mixed but this year i think is the good one. I really felt last year I fianlly had gotten a handle on the basics.

Also last year, I told myself I would buy plants at the nursery instead of doing seeds, but I decided to give seeds another try. Mostly because I felt I have all the pieces to go from seed well, butI think I may stil augment with nursery plants.

The picture is my rigged up with whatever is handy setup. Two trays underneath have seeds for various veggies, the one above is marigolds. I am always pleased that the seed packets say 7 to 14 days germination, but I usualy get some in just a few days. I use a heating pad for warmth.
Not shown is where I am using the radiated heat of a electric water heater thing to start some other seeds. I think I will add a humdifier to the closet when the seedlings are too large for the tray covers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So that's interesting.
Bunsteroonie's decided that she's going to be gardening this year as well. This is going to be interesting, since we've demonstrated pretty conclusively in past years that we have Brown Thumbs.
We're the only people I know who've managed to kill a cactus.
We'll see how it turns out.