Thursday, March 13, 2008

Blog Implosion - So Dense Even Blogging Cannot Escape

Yeah yeah late to the party of blogging. By about 4-5 years. I arrived at this number by noticing that every single name I tried, and nearly all the phrases, were already taken. 99.9999% of them had exactly 1 post, usually something witty, like "Test". First, last, and only post. Saddest part: that's usually what was on all of the cool named blogs.

So thus I begin with my single post, somewhat more then test, with the complete possibility that this blog will implode on itself like so many others. So why now? Simple...while singularity can refer to a concept in physics which is more commonly referred to as a black hole, it can also refer to an event where by there is a convergence of technology, society, and various other factors which results in an elevation of existence.

I am not going for anything that ambitious, but I do remember that the travel blog of several years ago I worked on was moderately successful as an expiriment in convergent technology.

And, as I have more travel planned, and improved photographic technique(I hope), and recently opened a full flickr account, I hope is to have a personal singularity whereby I can document things that are of interest to me.

So really this is an easy way for me to journal and scrap book my life. I'm not writing to an audience I don't have. I am writing to myself. So hopefully this will work better then it did from NZ. And hopefully geotagging has improved in the last year and a half.

No comments: